Last Revised January 2017
This policy describes the personal information Maximal Concepts and the brands of Maximal Concepts which include but are not limited to Brickhouse, Blue – Butcher & Meat Specialist, Fish & Meat, Stockton, Mott 32, Flawless, Limewood, Mercedes me Store, Double D and Maximal Macau Outlets including Made in HK No. 11 Noodle Bar, Mrs. Sings, Pho Fresh, The Pasta Factory, K-Belly, Kare Yama and Steak Rocks (collectively, “Maximal Concepts.”) collect about you, why we collect it, how we use it, and when we share it with third parties.
This policy covers our Hong Kong based concepts, international franchises and online experiences including our websites, restaurant reservation services and partner booking services. Our policy also describes the choices you can make about how we collect and use your information. If our information practices change, we will post an updated policy on our website. You can tell if the policy has changed by checking the revision date that appears above. If we change the policy in a material way, we will provide appropriate notice to you. You may exercise your choices about how we collect and use your information consistent with this policy at any time.
- What kind of information does Maximal Concepts collect?
- How does Maximal Concepts use my information?
- How does Maximal Concepts share my information?
- What other information does Maximal Concepts collect?
- Why did I receive a marketing email after I made a direct reservation with the restaurant or appointment at Flawless?
- How do I access or change my information?
- How do I make choices about receiving promotional communications?
- How does Maximal Concepts protect kids’ privacy?
- How is my information used for behavioral or targeted advertising and what choices do I have?
- How do I know my personal information is secure?
- What is “phishing”?
- How do I contact you?
What kind of information does Maximal Concepts collect?
We may collect personal information from you, such as your name, email address, address, phone number, gender, birthday, personal interests, etc, when you visit one of our websites or concepts, make a reservation or make an appointment by email or phone, make an in-store purchase, save your information with us online, contact us with a question or concern, or participate in a contest, promotion, or survey.
We maintain a record of your restaurant bookings and the purchases you make online, through our partner reservation systems, by phone, email and in our concepts on our protected centralised system.
We may combine personal information with information about your reservations/bookings, online and in-store transactions and other interactions with us. We may also combine your personal information with information we receive from other sources, such as joint marketing partners, public databases, publicly available pages on social media platforms and other third parties. In addition, if you choose to engage in social sharing, such as by connecting your social media account to your customer account or by logging into your customer account from your social media account, the social media site may share information with us about your use of their services, including profile information, information about your contacts and content you have viewed or liked. Please refer to the social media site’s privacy settings to control how your information is shared.
How does Maximal Concepts use my information?
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To process and fulfill your reservation, appointment or order including to send you emails to confirm your reservation and order status.
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, including marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To make your dining, beauty or shopping experience easier, more enjoyable and more efficient.
- To address problems with and improve our products, brands, services and technologies.
- To provide consistent, personalized services across all channels and all of our brands, including to personalize our advertising, marketing communications, shopping experiences and promotional offers.
- To organize local community events, promotions and in-store experiences.
- To facilitate social sharing.
- To allow you to enroll and participate in a loyalty or customer relationship program.
- To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions.
- To help us learn more about your dining, beauty and shopping preferences.
- To prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraud, security breaches and activities that are or potentially may be prohibited or illegal.
- As we believe to be required or appropriate to protect the rights, property, safety and security of Maximal Concepts and our employees, customers and others
- As we believe to be required or appropriate under applicable law, to respond to requests from government authorities and to comply with legal process
You always have the choice not to receive marketing information or calls. For instructions on opting out, please see the section entitled, “How do I make choices about receiving promotional communications?”, below.
How does Maximal Concepts share my information?
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
Brands. When you provide personal information to one of our Maximal Concepts brands (Brickhouse, Blue – Butcher & Meat Specialist, Fish & Meat, Stockton, Mott 32, Flawless, Limewood, Mercedes me Store, Double D and Maximal Macau Outlets including Made in HK No. 11 Noodle Bar, Mrs. Sings, Pho Fresh, The Pasta Factory, K-Belly, Kare Yama and Steak Rocks), we may share that information with our other Maximal Concepts brands outlined above.
By You. You may disclose personal information when you post content to our websites, in-store technologies, online partner services or other public forums, such as our brands’ social media pages, blogs, and online product reviews. Any information that you disclose through these services will become public.
Service Providers. We may share your information with our service providers who manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as fulfilling promotions, sending communications to our customers, conducting surveys, etc. We do not authorize any of these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information.
Third Parties. We may share your information when we team up with another company to offer or provide products, services, contests, or promotions to our customers.
Legal Requirements. We may share information about you if necessary or appropriate, in our good faith judgment, to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect the operations, privacy, safety, property or rights of Maximal Concepts or others.
Business Transfer. In the unlikely event of a sale or merger of Maximal Concepts or any of our businesses, our customers’ personal information and other information we have collected as described in this policy may be among the transferred business assets.
What other information does Maximal Concepts collect?
We may collect information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as browser and device information; information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, demographic information and other information provided by you; and aggregated information.
We may use and disclose such information for any lawful purpose. If required, we will treat such information as personal information in accordance with this policy. We will also treat such information as personal information to the extent it is combined with personal information. For example, when you use our technologies and partnered service providers, we may keep a record of your product interests, the purchases and reservations you make and other content you generate (such as adding items to your shopping cart).
We may collect information in a variety of ways, including:
- Your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and browser click-through and usage data.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: We may use pixel tags to, among other things, track the actions of users of our sites and services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of our sites and services and response rates.
- IP Address: Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet service provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you access our websites, along with the time of the visit and the pages that were visited. Your IP address may also indicate your approximate physical location. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other technologies. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels and diagnosing server problems.
- Physical Location: We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or Wi-Fi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. You may be permitted to allow or deny such uses, but if you do deny them, we may not be able to provide you with a personalized user experience.
- Aggregated information: We may collect and use aggregated personal information, which does not personally identify you. For example, we may calculate the percentage of our site users who have a particular telephone area code.
Why did I receive a marketing email after I made a direct reservation with the restaurant or appointment at Flawless?
To provide you with a more seamless customer experience, we keep records of all your Maximal Concepts reservations and appointments, both online and in-store. For example, if you give a Maximal Concepts employee your email address when you make a purchase in our concept, we may associate that information with your personal profile. As described above, we may use information about your purchases/reservations to email you about other products and services that we believe may be of interest to you.
How do I access or change my information?
You can review and change certain personal information by contacting us as described in the section entitled. Please note that any request to update your personal information may take up to 10 days for your email request and 6-8 weeks upon your request.
How do I make choices about receiving promotional communications?
Maximal Concepts and our brands, including Brickhouse, Blue – Butcher & Meat Specialist, Fish & Meat, Stockton, Mott 32, Mercedes me Store, Flawless, Limewood, Double D and Maximal Macau Outlets including Made in HK No. 11 Noodle Bar, Mrs. Sings, Pho Fresh, The Pasta Factory, K-Belly, Kare Yama and Steak Rocks only want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive promotional information, such as information about special offers and sales events, from one or more of our brands, you can let us know by contacting our customer services on email@example.com.
If contacting customer service, please be sure to include your full name and the email address you used when you registered with or made a reservation or purchase from the Maximal Concepts brand. If you ask us to remove your name and address from promotional lists, we will maintain your name in a “do not contact” file to ensure that we can honor your request. It may take up to 10 days to process your email request and 6-8 weeks to process your postal mail request, during which period you may continue to receive communications from Maximal Concepts.
If you change your mind, you can start receiving promotional communications from us again by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that when you make an online purchase from us, we will continue to confirm your order status and shipment by email. We may also need to contact you via telephone, email or postal mail with questions or information regarding your order.
How does Maximal Concepts protect kids’ privacy?
Maximal Concepts is concerned about the privacy and safety of children when they use the Internet. We will never knowingly request personally identifiable information online from anyone under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. Our websites are general audience sites and are not targeted to or intended for use by children.
How is my information used for behavioral or targeted advertising and what choices do I have?
We work with third-party companies that use their tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our websites in order to provide tailored advertisements on our behalf and on behalf of other advertisers across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your activity on our sites and your interaction with our advertising and other communications and use this information to determine which ads you see on third-party websites and applications. These technologies and the information collected about you may also be used to track your activity across multiple devices. For more information about this practice and to understand your options including how to opt out of receiving these tailored advertisements, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
Please note that even if you opt-out, these tracking technologies may still collect data and you will still see ads, but they will not be targeted based upon the information collected through these tracking technologies.
How do I know my personal information is secure?
We do our best to provide you with a safe and convenient experience with Maximal Concepts. We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to help protect the security and privacy of your personal information.
What is “Phishing”?
“Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, user name, credit card information or other personal information through email.
How Do I Contact You?
Maximal Concepts Customer Services
32 Hollywood Road
Central Hong Kong